Thursday, February 10, 2011

meh... really and truly



Personal Daily Horoscope of Thursday, February 10th, 2011
STRONG PERSONALITY
Valid during several weeks: At this time of year, you will become more concerned with personal matters and less with the world at large. You can project yourself with more forcefulness than usual. It is an excellent time for making an impression on others, but you must be careful because you will not be especially sensitive to their needs. For this reason, you may find it difficult to work with others during this transit. If your efforts to work on projects with others don't seem to get anywhere now, perhaps you should defer them until later. First you should take care of the proper business of this transit, which is to experience yourself in a subjective frame of reference. You have a great need to express yourself now, and it is a valid need. No purpose will be served by denying all your own needs in favor of a misguided concept of duty
*          *          *

I like the feeling horoscopes give me sometimes, I may not be a true believer, but I’m slightly superstitious (hypocrite much?).  I find a lot of the times parts seems to be true but that could be said for anything.

Currently I’ve been going slightly cramfest crazy by being as procrastinating as possible to do everything but focus on studying for my impending final next Thursday.  It’s a business communications course, and boring as you can imagine.  I’m a writer that likes flare, explanation, emotion and thought process, business communication wants none of that.

It’s as dry as toast and almost as inspiring as my accounting course I snoozed through.  I admit I sort of have a slight touch of ADD.  I need silence, a room void of distraction and shiny objects, and complete and utter focus.  Otherwise it’s a pointless study session.

Currently the stress and worry over my procrastination and this course is driving me slightly bananas… as well as my coworkers being full of germs and sick all around me are not helping.  I worry my procrastination will bite me in the butt if I get sick further reducing my study and focus, and getting sick right now isn’t a matter of if, but when [shudder].
Currently one friendly coworker (see continual visits with over explanation of personal life, peppered with great exaggerations borderline and full-fledged TMI) is hacking up a lung in continual fits of phlegm with 2 min intervals of silence between.  This girl is never well however, I try to never step in her office as I consider it a biohazard area.

Just saying if you can’t go a single month without being ill, and are known for your continual absence of at least one day every two weeks… something’s up.

My gym drive this week has also been pathetic.  So far only 3 classes (2 combat though, and they were awesome), and I skipped Tuesday with the intent of studying and instead perused Perez Hilton for an unmentioned period of time.  I’m going for the cardio power hour of RPM at noon today, but I’m not feeling it.

I’m forcing myself at this point.  Too much of a good thing? Too much on my mind?  The gym is usually my drug of choice, why am I so distracted and tired lately?

I can’t wait until this course is finito… 7days… just 7 more days… focus Vanessa, for the love of all smart blondes out there, focus and maintain this A+!  It’ll be your first ever in university! [okay that actually pumped me up right there :D]

2 comments:

  1. wrote this post of awesomeness to you and Google ate it like a big old chocolate donut.

    You should tent off that co-worker. How many sick days do they give you??? We have 10 a year but I would be pushing my luck to miss one day every 2 weeks... Brian (my boss) would probably send me to clean up Pluto's business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we only get 10 days here too, and she's a part timer, but she has underlying issues, and is an extremely hard worker... it's just... come onnnnnnnnnn...
    and I like donuts :D *drool*

    ReplyDelete