Friday, February 4, 2011

Learned something new today...

Things you shouldn’t say to a pregnant friend…
Me: “oh, I’m so tired today! I got maybe 2 hours of sleep yesterday…”
PF: “Oh YOU’RE tired? Try being tired 24/7 without having caffeine to stimulate you and keep you awake!  You want to talk tired? You don’t even KNOW tired!”
Me: [staring wide eyed and astounded at the petite girl with slight baby bump] “my book said this would happen…”
PF: [confused] “your book?”
Me: “Yes, my pregnancy friend book.  They said around weeks 12-15 phrases and expression you should refrain from saying to your pregnant friend or suffer the wrath include ‘I’m so tired’.”
PF: [pause, then laughter] “oh you’re awesome!” [chuckles and walks away]
Me: [to self]   “… and to be wary of hormonal surges and imbalances.”

2 comments:

  1. This is why I think some cultures just nod and smile and pretend they don't speak English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. safer alternative, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete