Tuesday, February 22, 2011

B-Baby ;) yeah!

Yesterday I had a mild panic attack contemplating the possibility of failing the final I took last Thursday Wednesday.  I didn’t contemplate this possibility until recently after discussing the failure of (whom I wholeheartedly believe is) an intellectual friend’s recent exam.  
Then it dawned on me… if it could happen to her… it could happen to ME! [horror movie type scream here]

There was a fitful Monday nights sleep.

Today, I open my work email with bleary, dry contact sleep deprived eyes, to see the automated email with the exam mark from the University.

I may have held my breath, but I didn’t wait for dramatic effect, I didn’t pause to savor the moment, I was all 5-year-old-at-Christmas tearing into that email.

What’s the mark?

What’s the mark!!!!!!

What is THE MARK!!!!!!???!!!!

A freaking B y’all!

I’m at work so I couldn’t do much but squeak my joy and happy dance in my spinning chair.  (What the office across the street must think when they look in mine…)

I was so worried about this exam.  I had been studying every mundane detail of this textbook which is as dry as toast because if you’ve ever taken a multiple choice University exam, you know how they like to throw in those “did you read the textbooks” and the “were you listening to my story” questions.  Burnt my brain to the point of respite in the form of easy going rom-com movies (I’m not going to admit more then that I procrastinated by watching Valentines Day… for real.   It was that boring… and Taylor Lautner makes me feel like a 25 year old cougar).

Then to find out online that it is a long answer exam - I just about died.

You know those slow moments, where something happens, you forget to breath, your heart sort of does a slow motion thu-thump.  Usually some odd sort of facial expression takes hold and mutterings of otherworldly explicatives.

That was me.  11 p.m. the night before my exam.

The exam that was bumped a day early.

The exam that took me near the 3 hour maximum mark to finish.

Dear God, thank you that’s over!

I GOT A B!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ain’t nothin’ gonna break my stride ;)

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

    Good job V! You have so many things to be proud of about yourself, I hope you realize what YOU can do for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and myself are getting to be pretty good pals now :)

    ReplyDelete