Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Schedule and past reflection

New schedule for my gym, I lost my Tuesday evening combat, but gained a Sunday morning.  That’s a double fist pump right there.

So far my weekly schedule looks to be like this:

(N- noon, E – evening)

 

Monday                 N- RPM                                 E- Combat

Tuesday                N- BodyPump                       E- 1hr intense cardio

Wednesday           N- Combat                            E- 1 hr cardio

Thursday               N- BodyPump or flow          E- 1 hr cardio

Friday                     N- RPM                                

Saturday                9:30 – RPM          10:30 - BodyPump

Sunday                  9:30 – Combat     10:30 – BodyFlow

 

Yup, nothing like living at the gym.  I’m absolutely insane with working out.  Despite my utter exhaustion by the end of the day, and the zombie stare I can’t seem to break for 5minutes while working at my computer, I wish I was at the gym 24/7.

I’d even throw in 6 a.m. workouts if I wasn’t the world’s definition of someone who is NOT a morning person.

Saturdays and Sundays only work because technically getting up at 7:45 is sleeping in 2 hours later then I normally get up.

I get so jazzed knowing a work out is approaching, excited like I’m about to open a present or something equally grin inducing.

It’s so new to me.  This want to work out, this craving.

I’ve never thought me of all people, who over a year ago and 80lbs heavier and was a FOOD addict could be a gym addict.

Never in all my life had I made it beyond failure to mediocre in regards to physical activity.  Never have I accomplished things, or set goals or missions.  

I no longer consider failure as my only option, I know I can do things, I know some things take time, and as long as I put in the effort I can achieve everything I want.

I like to be the person in RPM that the athletic folks attempt to keep pace with. I like that I’m still somewhat wrongly judged over my still hourglass curvy figure as someone who doesn’t have the endurance and stamina to take anything that’s thrown at me. I like looking in the mirror, although still surprised by what I see, and maybe okay I do still avoid it when I’m a sweaty mess in combat.

I like knowing where I am, from where I’ve come.  This is a huge journey and will never be over, but to know that first step has brought me here is so inspiring, I know anything is possible.

No matter what is thrown at me, what stress I endure, what pain I suffer, the gym lifts it, it brings me back to that place of accomplishment.  It’s my temple, my sanity.

I never would have found it if my mistakes hadn’t led me here, so I’m even thankful for those.

One day, when I’m proud to look in the mirror, when I have abs I can grate low fat cheese off of, I’ll still be just as proud, just as driven and just as passionate.

I don’t doubt this.

I feel like I’ve finally woken up in life, and now I’m living :)

2 comments:

  1. The mirror thing I can relate to. The progress you have made shows up not just on your body but in your mind - that is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just believe in yourself..
    u'll be amazed =)

    im sure u r already halfway there ^_^

    ReplyDelete