Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gym times

4K for lunch yesterday, and Combat for supper.

I’ll say it, and let the world take note, I’m getting tired of ‘Spitfire’.

At first it was and has been a Combat track that was as the not so French would say Les challenge supreme.  It made all other tracks seem easy.  But I was glad with my Wednesday instructor switched it up for the ‘Black Pearl’ track (ALLLOOOOT of back kicks… I absolutely love getting my pirate on however).
 But Monday…
Monday he’s absolutely mean. 
However he informed me after class he held back on throwing in ANOTHER lunge track, so technically he was thinking of us when putting the ‘Party’ (Fight for your right) track right before ‘Spitfire’.  I will not fault the following ‘Mortal Kombat’ track (what’s cooler then fighting to mortal kombat? And Muay Thai no less :D).  Or the ending power track energy drainer, sweat fest, ‘Overload’ because those two are top fav’s of mine.  I listen to ‘Overload’ pretty well everyday I love the beat, the voice, the music. Love!

I never thought I would ever be into electronic style music, I’m not sure if it’s the associated endorphin rush or just being exposed to it, but the gym has made me a fan of fast beats, electronic sounds, synthesizers.  Absolutely love it!

I’m continuing a cardio binge this week and luckily I have all my itune’d favs from various classes, and genius recommendations.  From Lil Wayne, to Spitfire, to Overload, to Russian Roulette, to The Invaders Must Die album from The Prodigy.  I have got a lot of fast pace, energizing music to keep me in the zone.

5 comments:

  1. Ski and I got back to the gym (finally!) last night. I missed the sweat, endorphins and the rush music can set into your body to move with it, pushing you harder.
    I wish I had your gym's music selection. I cannot sweat it up with gansta rap!
    With a trip to Hawaii on the horizon I will have to mirror your fierceness to get into beach ready shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jules! Does your gym have classes? I found that exposed me to alot of group friendly style music, most of it is dance, but some are some oldies (goodies) they've added tempo to (like Proud Mary, Summer of '69, Rebel Yell, etc.).
    I'm pretty open to music as well, honestly if it has a beat, my toe tends to not discriminate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's also a website that has different workouts you can do at home via youtube, a blog i read fitbottoms.com links to it, as well as rates a bunch of DVD workouts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gym does have classes and last night I passed the window - so maybe next time I will STOP at the window and look at the classes offered. Its a good way to change it up from the same old same old workout.

    I would love to have a Wii to work out at home with the kiddos and Ski... I think that would be a fun way to get everyone up and moving.
    Thank you for the web adress I will check into fitbottoms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find the classes will push you further, motivate you more, and make you try that one extra rep you swear you couldnt do.
    I love the classes. I cardio on my own, but I've upped it to two workouts a day now, one cardio, one group exercise (usually strength endurance).

    ReplyDelete