Friday, March 11, 2011

Combat instructor? Me? Yes pls!

The quest continues… perhaps as an instructor?

I could be setting myself up for quite the epic letdown but since my first combat class I’ve had this passion for the music, the moves, and the empowerment it gives me.

I don’t think I’d fit in a dojo as I like to yell and dance beats don’t altogether mix with hard concentration and sparring.

So here’s my dream… dare I say goal?  Mission?
To go from enthusiasts to instructor?  Student to teacher…

I’m terrified to even consider it.

My inner big girl that couldn’t even make the basketball team in high school says “why bother”, but the new me…

The new me says, “You can do it!”

It’s so hard to be proud of my accomplishments and not be ashamed of my past… this seems messed up but it’s the situation.  I’m a different person, I’m taking life seriously, and there is more to it then I used to believe.  I should be proud at this huge turnaround that I just up and did one day.  Just up and woke up and said “no more!”

I’m a diabetic that is managing through exercise and diet alone and used to be on 5 different pills and insulin injections.  I’m proud, but then ashamed it got so bad.  I just can’t take the good without the dark raincloud in the corner.

Super lame.

But yes… my GOAL… to be a body combat instructor.

I can do high impact in my class, but some days I honestly can’t breathe let alone speak, while other days I’m yelling at my gym buddy, and she’s hollering back and I can really see the instructorship in my future.

I know it’s a lot of work, and prior to last months working out 6-8 times a week, I’ve upped it to 8-12 times a week.  I’m doubling up a lot of days throwing in an hour cardio on top of my usual regime. 

Next week I will push myself further.

When I started upping my workouts in June of 2010 I could barely hold a plank for a second, now I can stagger, launch, and hold as long as I need to.  I’m a plank master. 
Push ups, I used to not even be able to complete one, now I can do several minutes of them before needing to progress to my knees… but I never quit or stop.  My small goal is to not ever have to push up from my knees again.

October is the timeline as it is the instructor training weekend in Toronto (all expense paid yo!). I will need to be ready for then in stage presence, endurance, and combo’s, from there you have 3 months to a year to ready yourself for your taping of instructing a class to then be certified by a review board.  

I’m excited more then nervous, I’m inspired more then frightened.

I think I can do this!

 

5 comments:

  1. This is something to be proud of as well as a great realistic goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best!

    I thought I commented earlier but I guesses it didn't showed.. You need a lot of stamina cos the 3-days is going to kill you..

    I had 10 bottles of energy drink, 3 cans of perskindol muscle spray, chocolates and bananas to keep the engine running.. It's been a year now and I can still smell the moments..

    All the best ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement. It'll be alot of hard work and I'm really looking forward to the training :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah.. have fun in the planks bc47 :)

    hehe i guess by oct.. its shud be bc49 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude I rock planks... push ups another story, but give me planks any day :)

    ReplyDelete