Thursday, March 3, 2011

DOMS and ZZZ's

Oh Thursday exhaustion has plagued me today.  A weariness that from my first alarm to the tune of ‘Dream on’ by Aerosmith on the radio, to my head bobbing bus ride, and my zombie gaze of data entry.
I’m really feeling the kicks I did in yesterdays Body Combat, trying my hardest to keep good form while kicking as high as I could. I was pushing myself more so then usual despite the DOMS from the previous days Body Pump.

Today my legs are wrecked.  I was going to attempt the Body Flow (Pilates/yoga) class, but my hip flexor whimpers at the dominant squat stance, it is a challenge enough to walk normally today.

That’s not to say I won’t be attending the cardio fest that is RPM after work.   I’ll be struggling but I think the blood flow to my achy muscles will help.

Friday will be between RPM and Attack still… my shins shudder at the thought of Attack, but my curiosity wants to see just how bad I’ll do it again.  Plus I enjoy the exertion of high knee running.

Its girl’s night Friday, we’re going to Rock Bar.

I haven’t been to a bar in a very, very, very long time, and as someone with an uncontrollable urge to dance, it doesn’t matter the place as long as I can move rhythmically to the music.

Got to keep the drinking to a minimum if I even do so as I have my double down gym Saturday morning.  I get a high from music and good company, alcohol is always back seat to that.

Should be fun, a cousin is celebrating her birthday the best way she knows how, and I’ll be there to buy her a couple shots to help her on the way.

It’s a busy weekend with goings on and goings to, it’ll help shake these winter blues that are dragging me down lately… and people with dark agendas.

Lunch time, I have a peanut butter banana sandwich awaiting me (yeah, my culinary prowess took a break last night after the veggie intense salad of Wednesday that took me an hour to eat) :)

2 comments:

  1. I miss girls night out... Girls trips to Vegas.

    Kids are great but can wreck some good ole fun!

    Enjoy the time and let your hair down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a great time, dancing the night away. My cousin was bombed, but i was just happy to rock out to some good music so loud i couldnt hear my thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete