Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Foul! no just a klutz

Oh the joys of being me.

I may have mentioned my complete lack of social prowess but my interwebs friends, I am so much more than that.  Not only am I socially awkward to an obscene degree, I am also a highly evolved klutz.

Now I’ve manage to fool many with quick cover ups and improvisation but sometimes there’s just no hiding it.

For example in bodycombat last night… my friend and I have a great time pushing one another, talking smack and all that jazz.

Well we were doing a song that in a part of it you sprint forward a small distance before returning to your place in high knee running.  So being the usual hardcores we’re “racing” each other.  We usually only pretend to push one another, never making contact, or it being so miniscule it does nothing.

But as I’ll repeat, I am a klutz.

I just took a slight friendly jab and I was on the floor not knowing how I got there… and rolled my ankle.

I get back up, brush myself off, my face is already red from pure exertion so no worries there (I’m blond, red happens… ALL… THE… TIME).  My ankle feels funny, but no pain I continue giving the high impact and talking smack to her, yelling “foul” to the instructor who just laughs.  This was closer to the beginning of class so there was a lot left to go.

Throw in multiple lunge tracks, jump kicks, cross jacks, more high knee running… by the time the class was over and the adrenaline ebbed suddenly this sharp pain was shooting up the side of my foot and ankle.

I usually stretch my feet while waiting for the elevator and as I rotated my right foot I fell again, this time in pain at the slight rotation shot up my leg. I’m a girl, I’ll spazz at slight pain… it happens I cant always cover up when I grimace and fall to the floor.

Now my buddy is feeling all kinds of guilty, and I’m just trying to laugh it off amid stretch attempts to hopefully ease the throb that is only increasing in strength.

Yup… I definitely rolled my ankle good.

I still have to walk quite a few blocks (thank you city transportation and my local bus service).

All night amid overdosing on copious amounts of Advil and icing at intervals the swelling is minimal, it barely hurts to walk on it today, and I’m taking yet another day off from the gym (sad ‘nessa).

Tomorrow of course is (FINALLY) the new release for BC 47 here in Winnipeg.  I want to be top notch for the class, and if not I still want to be able to at least low impact it.  Nothing would make me sadder then missing the release. 

I’ve only been salivating for it forever.  Also in hearing snippets on BC 48 I’m more then eager to start getting some sneak peaks on that one.

I’m such a combat crackhead ;)

Time for more Advil…

No comments:

Post a Comment